Now that you have all of this information it's time to figure out what it all means.
- Download the “Reporting back to Class” worksheet and complete the information.
- Share your information with others including your parents and friends.
What Did I Learn?
- Is there a difference in the cost of living between states?
- Does earning a higher salary always provide you with more money at the end of the year?
- Did you learn about other occupations while researching your job?
- Did the No Place Like Home activities help you think about the possibilities where you might live in the future?
Wrapping Up the Experience
Key Points of "No Place Like Home"
- The highest salary doesn’t always mean you will net the most money at the end of the year.
- Costs of living are higher in some areas than in others causing more money to be spent on housing, food transportation, health care and taxes.
- There are a variety of tools that can be helpful in making major job and quality of life decisions.